Search This Blog

Thursday, May 28, 2009

A few Sunny Days

Winter has arrived, some snow had fallen down south, winds brought the cold closer to home, along with it came the rain. Not so bad we did have some nice sunny days giving me some much needed time for wood work.

Thanks to a friend Alan who re-sawed some recycled Oregon and created a coffee table for my daughter. I had the task of sanding and finishing it finish is Wipe On poly.


Having a few bits of Oregon to play with I tried turning a piece with good results, so much so Sue loves it for its colour shape and size. Finished with a Macadamia Oil






I have also been working on a couple of other turnings one of Jacaranda with a rim of Jarrah and finial the same.












The other a road side pick up given to me by Brendon another friend timber is unknown and suited my first attempt at a natural edge bowl our daughter has proud possession of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.