Search This Blog

Friday, June 12, 2015

Wandering Round and Table For 6x4 Bandsaw

Tony's (the electrician who did the wiring on the Myford) daughter is having her 7th birthday in July with a Harry Potter theme and requested some wands made as his gear is all still in storage.


 I made 7 a variety of timbers all just off cuts laying about with Sue's help she added a bit of blink to them.
 As Tony asked if they could be done by the Sydney Wood Show which starts today 12th June I only got to apply 2 coats of Danish Oil but they were sanded to 400.




My 6x4 bandsaw has/had a vertical table but I always found it to light in using it as it would flex, come loose with harmonics. I have to thank a variety of other 6x4 owners who modified theirs in a similar manner. I used 1/4" plate made it approx 1" larger all round and cut the back corner off to allow it to fit.

Testing on a quick cut had no harmonics and a tight plate which didn't come loose.
The plate cost me $9.00 from Edcon at Revesby.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.