Search This Blog

Saturday, January 1, 2022

A few New Items 2021

 Some years ago I had organised to get a hand operated vintage bench grinder through Tom from Village Woodworker, it arrived but through some mistake my parcel was meant for a fellow woodie down in the Southern Highlands NSW. I was able to get it to him as he had paid more than I had for the one I was to get. Over the years this fellow brought it to Tom's attention asking had he yet supplied me with one. Well this year Tom contacted me and sent this beauty up.
A restoration project although it does work.
 

 

While our new front doors were being installed the guy reached into his tool bag and handed me these router bits saying "he only uses two out of the pack can I find a use for them?".
Yes they are cheapies but they will come in handy.

Old mate Hughie from Sydney rang to say he was doing a clean out of his shed and had no further use for these quality bars. 25mm/1in and 19mm/3/4in

Time to check the vice tram on the mill.


I had prior hospitalisation got stuck in and cut up my logs of Camphor and one or two Melaluca logs as well as a length of Spotted Gum for bases for Swifts this was thanks to Rob. A bit more Olive to.  .








I had some of the Scribbly Gum left so made new jaws for my bench vice.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.