Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Quick Castor Wheel Repair

Mark gave me some castor wheels being thrown out from his work, mainly to use the wheels for another lathe steady. I pondered over them for sometime before deciding to remove the bolts and cut off the daggy overhanging plate which had been welded on. I then drilled the four mounting holes again through the plate and in the two none rotating frames a 3/8 centre hole so I can make them rotate if need be.

I removed the wheels to do the end cuts 1/2 to high for the bandsaw frame to come down.
I then ground off the remaining wled where the bolt had been round the corners and chamfered the corners.



Will give the bare steel a coat of paint and soon find a use for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.