Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2021

Got a Handel on my old Ding Dong

Got a Handel on my old Ding Dong. Scored this old hacksaw some years ago finally found the time and right timber to make a laminated Handel for it. Tasmanian Oak with Jarrah centre strip. Had to machine a new Bras T-nut 1/4Whit thread internal. Decided to shape finger grips into it for a better feel as from what I gather the original was only smooth all round.
The main frame is steel and alloy cast remaining handle. I've fitted a new Toolpro HSS 12mmx32T blade from Supercheap. 

 




This is an original handle rather bland I thought so i decided pistol grip style laminated.
Ding Dong hacksaw

This was the state of the saw frame back in 2015 when I got it, threaded bar is 3/8dia with at the brass T-nut end 1/4whit thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.