Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2021

New Tools

Over the last two months I've been fortunate to acquire some old new tools as well as some new tools due to an Engineering supplies closing down.

I couldn't resist this Cast Iron ex-SBTC South Brisbane Technical Collage although it is not where I purchased it through. It was advertised on Facebook Market Place just moments prior me spotting it, in checking out details it became apparent we knew the seller. Caroline selling it for Graham  who was clearing out his workshop as he is suffering Cancer.

It weighs approx 15kg+ is 200x300mm surface area. Someone had made an Aluminium cover fitted with a rubber back carpet piece soaked in oil to protect it. Graham had been using it to flatten carbie's. It needed some clean up from surface rust and grunge in doing so it revealed some uneven surface so I stoned the surface flat.
 







 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Second was through a Metal Work Forum market place a set of 1/2" carbide Lathe tools., 3 or 4 tips are damaged so I purchased a set of replacement tips also.

 
 
As I mentioned about the Surface Plate I often brose FaceBook Market Place I spotted a couple of nice Stanley planes a No 45 Plough made in the USA and a No78 England made, checked out the seller and blow me down if it wasn't Ted Mitchell whom I know. Now Ted's a real Aussie character has a love of hunting and blacksmith making hunting type knives mainly. Ted shoots Deer which means we have had the pleasure of trying some of his home made Venison sweet salami (he's not keen on spicy) and some nice Venison to roast. Ted runs his own hunting tours just wish I was fit enough to partake.
 
Ok so sent Ted a message he rang and dropped around that afternoon with the planes as well as a good selection of taps, dies and tooling also. 
 
Stanley England made No78 
 
The containers of Tap and die Whitworth, BF, BA, BFP, NF.


American made No45 Plough Plane.
A local family owed Engineering Supplies had a closing down sale which I didn't get to straight way, when I did I was surprised how much had already been sold. Still i didn't do to bad saved myself $300.

Engineers 10" square, P2 Masks, Oil Can, Reamers, Side Cutters (my apprentice day ones had it), Tork set,1/16 Drill.













Cranked Feeler gauges, Engineers Blue, Wire brushes, Engineer Clamps.





An dusty tube connector, 6mm Pink grind stone.








Bearing scraper and Concentrated Rust Remover.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.