Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Time to stand down and hit the Workshop

To make a choice to stand down as Newsletter editor of the Ornamental Turners Group of Australia just prior Christmas for me wasn't an easy, I was enjoying the task.  Although its only a quarterly production its was 10 pages and lots of research etc. Trouble was I was not tackling my own work load in my workshop often enough.

Now with 4 grand children to make toys and tools for etc, as well as other projects and a growing family I need to spend time with let alone Sue and I.

1st up is one which should have been started and completed 2 years ago a pair of Longworth Chucks for Pat a mate.  Ok I created the drawings back then which Pat printed out.

1st one almost done is 590mm two sheets of 3/4 ply with 8 arms. The 2nd will be 900mm yet to be even marked out, It will be a two man job to handle the routing etc.This was done dodging showers and rain squalls. I have yet to mount it and test it, with the buttons etc fitted to true it up. A sand and quick finish for smooth running.

The two faces are interacting, when one is placed over the other in opposite directions. The plates are rotated in action they pull the buttons inward or outward to hold the work piece mainly used for finish the base of platters and bowls.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.