Search This Blog

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Silver and Gold

I have none really!

I have to say a big thanks to David from Timberbits.
Early this year David graciously sent out to a number of his customers a couple of sample Bolt Action kits, I couldn't do them until now. 

I found a nice piece of cross cut Camphor for the Chrome pen. A bit of Mallee Burl which still had some cambian layer attached for the Gold. Finished with 6 coats of Nitrocellulose Lacquer.

These kits are from China not from PSI like the others I have done. The over all quality is different Gold plating is darker, in the bolt action mechanism itself its far from smooth it sounds gritty and the levers are different sizes and shape which can be seen if two are together.

  Recently David has brought into his line a Mark II kit also I have yet to see or make one of these.








 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.