Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2021

STOP Don't go Any Further

 Something I've wanted to make for the Myford ML7 I have is a Carriage Stop this was designed by Harold hall of Model Engineering fame I have altered his original design slightly. Instead of a double hole and screw and clamp adjustment, I have incorporated it as one.
Added two holes one for a DTI gauge or long stop rod and  one threaded stop rod hole. A bit of hand filling. Tapped an M6 hole which just as the tap broke through it broke leaving me frustrated and annoyed. There was just enough of the broken tap to grab with multi grips and remove it, new taps and completed it.

The carriage stop does a number of things one is to prevent the tool post and chuck coming together which can be disaterous.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.