Monday, February 13, 2012

4 Years On

Its about 4 years ago I posted this thread in regard to my first ever OT attempt and the start of my build of a Rose Engine
Rose Engine and Rosetts

It got shelved close to being assembled on the MDF bed due to lack of space in my shed at the time and taking on other responsibilities over the last 2 years which were time consuming. Not much has changed although the shed has become more organised sort of and I have stood down from a situation.
Time, space and health still have been my worst enemies although health is better, weather and still time and space are a ARPIA and I can do nothing about the weather or time except stay home and complete tasks.

All my parts bits and pieces still sit in boxes on the shelf. In the last 4 years I have acquired through generous donations by Hughie, Pat two mates called Peter and others more materials, mechanisms etc to make and finish it.

In 4 years I have had the pleasure of using a number of other peoples Rose Engines when at demonstrations at H&F's  and Trend and at Sydney Wood show. In being able to use and experience others builds I have learned much as to design.

Researching over 4 years many other Rose Engines through Google, other Ornamental Turning groups and associated Engine Turned OT types, I found each had their owners own style use and design for what ever purpose.

I have started many projects towards the Rose Engine also. I also gained a small 6"grinder from the clean up at Sue's mum's place this will become another machine for cutting patterns.

This year I am endeavouring to get it up and running with what I already have at hand, it has for me to be.

1 Portable
2 Versatile 
3 Most of all be able to be dismantled and stored when not in use.
4 Adaptable to my needs for what ever use I have





This will be a long Work In Progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome please forgive us if not replied to immediately.